FarmStrong lights up the stage with exquisite harmony signing and seasoned instrumentation. The heart of the band draws on inspiration from the last century of country, blues and bluegrass music from the 1920’s through the 50’s, as well as folk, rock, gospel and soul music of the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s and beyond.
FarmStrong’s talented and experienced musicians take their audience outside the bluegrass tradition. Their unmistakable sound moves the soul, while remaining firmly rooted in music from the mountains.
FarmStrong 4 (2020) Our latest CD was released at the same time that Covid-19 was released. You will find 5 originals, plus nine more tunes from all over the music spectrum. There are songs from Haggard, Van Morrison and the Carter brothers.
Don’t Go Down That Road (2017) The boys perform original songs plus tunes from writers like T. Van Zant, B. Bowers, J. Prine, K. Wolf, R. Charles, and S. Stills.
This release draws upon a wide range of more current roots music, including a few memorable original songs, and works by The Cars, Ry Cooder, Rodney Crowell, Kate Bush, as well as some old classics.
Live In Dungeness – The Summer Sessions (2013)
This live recording marks the beginning of FarmStrong, but it rings with a very distinctive sound that the band still embodies.
- Caffe Mela, Wenatchee, WA
- Newport Music Festival, Newport, WA
- Cashmere Community Concert Series, Cashmere, WA
- Maier Hall, Peninsula College, Port Angeles, WA
- Eastside Bluegrass Series, Portland, OR
- Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle, WA
- Deer Park Concert Series, Deer Park, WA
- Sequim Lavender Festival, Sequim, WA
- 5 Suns Bluegrass Festival, Moses Lake, WA
- Ollala Bluegrass & Beyond Festival, Ollala, WA
- Concert In the Woods, Coyle, WA
- Mid-Columbia Traditional Arts & Music Assn. Concert Series, Kennewick, WA
- George Community Concert Series, George, WA
- Alberta Street Pub, Portland, OR
- Bluegrass from the Forest Festival, Shelton, WA
- Snowgrass, Port Angeles, WA
- Jewel Box Theater, Poulsbo, WA
- Juan de Fuca Festival of the Arts, Port Angeles, WA
- Olympic Theatre Arts, Sequim, WA
- Sacajawea Bluegrass Festival, Pasco, WA
- Valley Bluegrass Festival, Lewiston, ID
- Wheeler County Bluegrass Festival, Fossil, OR
- Columbia Gorge Bluegrass Festival, Stevenson, WA
- Clatskanie Bluegrass Festival, Clatskanie, OR
- Concerts On the Pier, Port Angeles, WA
- Clallam County Fair, Port Angeles, WA
- Jefferson County Fair, Port Townsend, WA
- Lavender Festival, Sequim, WA
- Valley Bluegrass Festival, Orofino, ID
- Mount St. Helens Bluegrass Festiva, Toledo, WA
- Wintergrass, Bellevue, WA
“At times reminiscent of early Seldom Scene or even The Country Gentlemen, the arrangements mine the bluer, sparser side of bluegrass that is too often passed over by younger, unweathered bands fixated on speed and pyrotechnics. Jim Faddis and Cort Armstrong are both strong, emotional singers, but together they establish a natural, brother-like chemistry… With a great blend of spine-tingling vocals, seasoned performers and strong material, this is a band to watch!”
– Kevin Brown, DJ for the Spokane Public Radio show Front Porch Bluegrass